Banner

Banner

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Week One - making a plan


WEEK ONE

I’m a yoga teacher and eat as whole, clean and healthy as I can but when life gets hectic, and fresh local produce gets scarce - how do I stay true to these principles?  I recently led a group of clients through a detox, cleanse workshop to help inspire these same ideals in my students.  Somehow, not a single one was able to stick to the program for even a few days.  Why?  Time crunch was one answer.  Lack of motivation, lack of knowledge, lack of recipes were some others.  So I thought - is it really that hard to stay local, fresh and organic all year long?  I’m about to find out.  As much as I eat fresh and organic - I have no idea how local my produce is all year.  So this being the first day of Spring I’m going to hit the farms stands (if any are open yet), try the farmer’s market (if I can find one yet), and research buying in on a CSA.  I take my planting cues from old man Aldo next door who cultivates a substantial garden all Spring and Summer.  I think we are about to become much better friends:)........

No comments:

Post a Comment